This Whipped Feta Dip with Hot Honey is the perfect combination of savory and sweet. This satisfying dip combines tangy feta cheese with spicy sweet honey for an irresistible flavor explosion. Whether you're hosting a party or looking for a tasty treat to enjoy on your own, this dip is sure to impress.
Why You'll Love This Dip
Creamy and flavorful - Tangy feta, spicy honey, garlic, and herbs create the perfect combination of flavors in this dip. Plus the toasted pine nuts and fresh herbs on top really complete the dip!
Simple and easy - The ingredients for this dip are very straight forward and so are the instructions! All you need to do is throw everything into a food processor and blend until smooth. So simple and so delicious!
Not just a dip - You can serve this as a dip with crackers, bread, or pita but you can also serve it with roasted veggies, meats, or in sandwiches or wraps! So many options to get creative!
- Feta - Make sure to use a block of feta, not crumbled feta. Precrumbled feta has additives that prevent it from getting too sticky so it wouldn't blend properly. I always try to choose feta made with sheep's or goat's milk.
- Goat cheese - I use creamy goat cheese (chevre) to help the feta blend and to make the dip extra creamy. It also helps to cut through some of the saltiness of the feta. You can also use creamy cheese if you don't like goat cheese.
- Hot honey - Hot honey is honey infused with chili peppers. Sometimes it has other ingredients like vinegar and spices but I try to use ones that are as simple as possible. You can also make your own by mixing honey with chili powder.
- Dried herbs - I used oregano and thyme but you can use either of them or a spice mix like Italian herbs. I only use dried herbs because fresh ones might make the dip slightly green.
- Garlic - One clove of grated garlic adds flavor but doesn't overpower the dip. If you don't like raw garlic, you can use Roasted Garlic instead.
- Toppings - If you're serving the whipped feta as a dip, you can top it with fresh herbs, Za'atar, and toasted pine nuts.
First, I recommend rinsing your block of feta briefly. This helps to get rid of any salty brine that's left on the feta and makes it less salty.
Add the feta, soft goat cheese, grated garlic, dried oregano, dried thyme, and hot honey to a food processor. I recommend adding grated garlic because it allows it to distribute the flavor the best. If you don't have a microplane grater, you can mince the garlic or use a garlic press.
Pulse and process the ingredients until everything is well blended and creamy. You might have to scrape down the sides a few times.
Add more hot honey to taste if desired or black pepper. The feta is very salty on its own so I don't recommend adding any salt to the dip.
How to Serve the Dip
- Serve it as an appetizer with toasted pita, torn-up sourdough bread, crackers, or veggies. Make your own Homemade Gluten-Free Pita Chips!
- Add it to wraps or sandwiches - Try spreading it on toasted sourdough and topping that with mashed avocado and eggs for breakfast, it's so good!
- Serve it with roasted veggies or meats - Spread a generous amount of the whipped feta on a serving plate first and top with any roasted veggies, chicken, or meat. This way, you'll get a little whipped feta every time you grab a bite!
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. I don't recommend freezing the dip because the texture won't be as creamy.
Yes, I highly recommend it because it helps to get it rid of the saltiness from the brine the feta was sitting in. You don't have to do it but I always do!
I haven't come across it at regular grocery stores but you can probably find it at some places sold as a dip with various flavors. You can buy that in a pinch but I highly recommend making your own! It takes no time and it's so good!
Technically yes but I don't recommend it. The flavor might be off after defrosting, especially when you add cream cheese or goat cheese. It might be too watery after defrosting.
More Dip Recipes
If you're looking for more dips, with goat cheese or otherwise, definitely give the four below a try! Head over to the Dips, Dressings, and Spreads category to see all the latest dips.
This Whipped Feta is the perfect combination of savory and sweet. This satisfying dip combines tangy feta cheese with spicy sweet honey for an irresistible flavor explosion.
- 400g feta cheese
- 100g soft goat cheese (or cream cheese)
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp hot honey plus more for serving
- ½ tsp coarse freshly ground black pepper
- Add the feta, goat cheese, grated garlic, dried, oregano, dried thyme, hot honey, and black pepper to a food processor.
- Blend until completely smooth. You might have to scrape down the sides a few times to help it blend.
- Serve the whipped feta in a bowl drizzled with more hot honey and herbs with crackers or bread on the side.
Storing: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Keywords: hot honey, whipped feta, dip