You'll love this delicious Goat Cheese Lentil Dip with Dill and Capers. Perfect as a dip, a side, or as a spread! Ready in less than 30 mins!
5 reasons you'll love this lentil dip:
- This recipe uses canned lentils which make this dip an incredibly quick meal! It's ready in 20 minutes.
- This dip is super versatile! It's great as a dip, spread, or as a side served with your favorite protein. I like it with roasted salmon and sauteed spinach!
- You can make it 100% vegan by using vegan cheese. (scroll down for more substitutes)
- The capers, dill, and shallots go really well together and make for a delicious savory dip you won't be able to resist! Serve it as a crunchy crostini appetizer.
- It's fairly healthy and ¼ cup of this spread has 7g of protein!
Ingredients & Substitutions:
Most of the ingredients in this lentil dip can be substituted if needed!
- Goat cheese - You can use feta but you might need to adjust the amount of olive oil or add a splash of milk if it's too dry. Use vegan cream cheese to make this dip vegan.
- Extra virgin olive oil - you can use avocado oil here but I like the olive taste
- Lemon juice - use freshly squeezed when possible
- Roasted garlic - You can use minced raw garlic instead but use a lesser amount as it's much more potent. Click the link to learn how to roast garlic!
- Brown lentils - Sub for green lentils, french, or de puy lentils. Red lentils don't work here, you want something that keeps its texture.
- Fresh dill - Sub for dried dill (measurements in recipe card) or fresh parsley and/or chives are great options.
- Shallot - Use red onion instead if needed.
- Capers - use ones in brine, it adds to the flavor of the dip. Capers can't be substituted here, they add a great flavor.
How to serve this dip:
This dip is a great appetizer for dipping chips or veggies.
It also makes great lentil spread! Spread it on toasted sourdough bread with a light drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of sumac spice.
You can also serve it as a side with the protein of your choice. I like serving it with roasted salmon and spinach.
Or just eat it with a spoon right out of the jar, I know I have!
Similar vegan dip and sauce recipes:Print
Goat Cheese Lentil Dip with Dill and Capers
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Delicious Goat Cheese Lentil Dip with Dill and Capers. Perfect as a dip, a side, or as a spread! Ready in 30 mins!
- 100 g soft goat cheese (or more as desired)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves roasted garlic (or 1 small raw clove, minced)
- 1 can cooked brown lentils, drained and rinsed (1 ½ cup)*
- 2-3 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon capers
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Into a medium bowl add the soft goat cheese, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, chopped shallot, roasted or minced garlic, chopped fresh dill and chives, and mix with a fork until everything is well combined.
- Add the capers and the lentils. Mix again until it’s well combined, careful not to smush the lentils too much.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
* If you'd like to cook your own lentils, cook ¾ cup of dry lentils and measure out 1 ½ cup after they're cooked.
Keywords: lentils, goat cheese, dill, capers
I literally LOVE every single ingredient in this goat cheese dip. Can't wait to give it a try!
This is one of the most unique dips I've ever seen! It's a wonderful appetizer for dinner parties.
Love this dip idea! It's perfect for low carb diet and the ingredients have Mediterranean flare. This is perfect for lunch.
My family and I are huge fans of goat cheese, but having never heard of a combo like this I was excited to try it out. What a hit it was!
Lori | The Kitchen Whisperer
What a lovely recipe! I can so taste this on crostini or veggies! Such a creatively delicious dish! Thank you so much for sharing!
I love all of these flavors and how it's healthy and high in fiber! This would be perfect as a snack or dip! I will be making this over the weekend :)
This dip is amazingly good. I'd love it spread on a naan aka chapati. I am surely going to make it.
I have never seen a dip recipe like this. What a great idea! I love the creativity of this!
Marisa F. Stewart
What a wonderful idea!! We have several packages of lentils in our pantry and I just didn't want to make more soup out of them. Yesterday we tried your lentil dip and thoroughly enjoyed it. Today at lunch time we put it on toast. We'll be making this recipe often.
This is honestly so creative...what a fantastic idea for dip. It's healthy too and would make a perfect spread. So intrigued to make this asap!