You'll love this delicious Goat Cheese Lentil Dip with Dill and Capers. Perfect as a dip, a side, or as a spread! Ready in less than 30 mins!
5 reasons you'll love this lentil dip:
- This recipe uses canned lentils which make this dip an incredibly quick meal! It's ready in 20 minutes.
- This dip is super versatile! It's great as a dip, spread, or as a side served with your favorite protein. I like it with roasted salmon and sauteed spinach!
- You can make it 100% vegan by using vegan cheese. (scroll down for more substitutes)
- The capers, dill, and shallots go really well together and make for a delicious savory dip you won't be able to resist! Serve it as a crunchy crostini appetizer.
- It's fairly healthy and ¼ cup of this spread has 7g of protein!
Ingredients & Substitutions:
Most of the ingredients in this lentil dip can be substituted if needed!
- Goat cheese - You can use feta but you might need to adjust the amount of olive oil or add a splash of milk if it's too dry. Use vegan cream cheese to make this dip vegan.
- Extra virgin olive oil - you can use avocado oil here but I like the olive taste
- Lemon juice - use freshly squeezed when possible
- Roasted garlic - You can use minced raw garlic instead but use a lesser amount as it's much more potent. Click the link to learn how to roast garlic!
- Brown lentils - Sub for green lentils, french, or de puy lentils. Red lentils don't work here, you want something that keeps its texture.
- Fresh dill - Sub for dried dill (measurements in recipe card) or fresh parsley and/or chives are great options.
- Shallot - Use red onion instead if needed.
- Capers - use ones in brine, it adds to the flavor of the dip. Capers can't be substituted here, they add a great flavor.
How to serve this dip:
This dip is a great appetizer for dipping chips or veggies.
It also makes great lentil spread! Spread it on toasted sourdough bread with a light drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of sumac spice.
You can also serve it as a side with the protein of your choice. I like serving it with roasted salmon and spinach.
Or just eat it with a spoon right out of the jar, I know I have!
Similar vegan dip and sauce recipes:Print
Delicious Goat Cheese Lentil Dip with Dill and Capers. Perfect as a dip, a side, or as a spread! Ready in 30 mins!
- 100 g soft goat cheese (or more as desired)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves roasted garlic (or 1 small raw clove, minced)
- 1 can cooked brown lentils, drained and rinsed (1 ½ cup)*
- 2-3 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon capers
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Into a medium bowl add the soft goat cheese, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, chopped shallot, roasted or minced garlic, chopped fresh dill and chives, and mix with a fork until everything is well combined.
- Add the capers and the lentils. Mix again until it’s well combined, careful not to smush the lentils too much.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
* If you'd like to cook your own lentils, cook ¾ cup of dry lentils and measure out 1 ½ cup after they're cooked.
Keywords: lentils, goat cheese, dill, capers