I never knew making Chimichurri sauce would be such an easy task till I tried making it at home for the first time! Loads of chopped herbs, garlic, a shallot, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and some chopped chili peppers if you enjoy the heat and that's it! So easy to make and sooo worth it!
This sauce is great on roasted veggies, avocado toast, or simply on slices of toasted baguette drizzled with balsamic reduction. It's SO good, you have to try it. I've tried it on pan-seared scallops with pasta too and as an addition to salads and both are super tasty.
Chimichurri sauce lasts in the fridge for a while too, I usually don't keep it longer than a week because I put it on everything but it should be fine for two weeks! The herbs just aren't going to stay so bright green. The ingredients naturally pickle it so that's why it lasts longer. If you want the herbs to be vibrant and green, eat it within 3-4 days.
How to make Chimichurri sauce:
- Flat-leaf parsley
- Chili pepper
- Red wine vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
That's it! All you need to do is chop everything up, mix it with the vinegar and olive oil and you're done. You have amazing flavorful sauce to put on everything for weeks. This recipe yields abut 2 cups of sauce and it's easy to scale up or down. If you need to make more, simply click the '2x' icon in the recipe card and it'll automatically double the ingredients!
Recipes you could use this sauce on:
I also made simple Aglio e Olio Pasta the other day with seared scallops and added Chimichurri on top and it was sooo good. Highly recommended!Print
Ready in 10 minutes, super flavorful, and great on everything! Roasted veggies, fish, eggs, salads, or simply on toast.
- 1/2 cup packed flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 - 1 shallot, finely chopped (approx. 2 tbsp chopped)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 1/2 red chili pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Into a medium bowl add the chopped parsley, cilantro, oregano, shallot, and garlic, and toss.
- Pour in the red wine vinegar and olive oil, and season with salt.
- Mix well until it's well combined. Taste and add more salt or chili peppers if desired.
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to a week.
Keywords: chimichurri, parsley, cilantro, oregano