These Buckwheat Banana Blueberry Pancakes are vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and absolutely delicious! Perfect for a slow Sunday breakfast or brunch!
More Pancake recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Apple Cider Pancakes with Stewed Apples
- Chai Spiced Pancakes with Cashew Cream
- Gingerbread Pancakes with Chocolate Cream
- Blueberry Vanilla Pancakes with Caramelized Figs and Mango Sauce
- Colorful Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce and Berries
Delicious vegan and gluten-free blueberry pancakes.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk (or other plant milk - oat, rice, cashew, but not canned coconut milk)
- 3 bananas, mashed (1 cup + 2-3 tablespoon when mashed)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (+ more for serving)
- ½ cup blueberries (wild or regular, fresh or frozen)
- Coconut oil (for cooking)
- Fresh or defrosted berries (for serving)
- In a big bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a smaller bowl mix together the milk, mashed bananas, and maple syrup.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat ½ teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the batter in the pan for each pancake (I made them quite big and thick and did a heaping tbsp).
- Lower the heat to low-medium and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Flip when bubbles start to appear. They should be easy to flip once the bottom is cooked.
- Keep them warm in the oven while you prepare your toppings.
If you don't have any blueberries, you can use vegan chocolate chips or crumbled frozen raspberries.
Keywords: pancakes, gluten-free, vegan, breakfast