Delicious vegan and gluten-free blueberry pancakes.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk (or other plant milk - oat, rice, cashew, but not canned coconut milk)
- 3 bananas, mashed (1 cup + 2-3 tbsp when mashed)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (+ more for serving)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (wild or regular, fresh or frozen)
- Coconut oil (for cooking)
- Fresh or defrosted berries (for serving)
- In a big bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a smaller bowl mix together the milk, mashed bananas, and maple syrup.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat 1/2 tsp of coconut oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of the batter in the pan for each pancake (I made them quite big and thick and did a heaping tbsp).
- Lower the heat to low-medium and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Flip when bubbles start to appear. They should be easy to flip once the bottom is cooked.
- Keep them warm in the oven while you prepare your toppings.
If you don't have any blueberries, you can use vegan chocolate chips or crumbled frozen raspberries.
Keywords: pancakes, gluten-free, vegan, breakfast