Try this delicious Peach Ginger Smoothie, it's perfect for the summer! It has the right amount of kick from the ginger and is packed with nutrients!
What Makes This Smoothie So Awesome?
Are you a fan of ginger and peaches? So am I and the two go so well together!
I like to have this smoothie as a midday snack on a hot summer day. It's not too filling but really refreshing.
Pro tip: Add some vanilla protein powder if you want to turn this smoothie into a breakfast or a light lunch!
All About Peaches and Special Tips
Peach season is in July and August here in Ontario. It's my favorite time of the year and the peak season for most fruits.
You can use frozen peaches here but during the summer I highly recommend fresh! The flavor is just so much better.
How to store peaches?
- Store peaches in the fridge if they're very ripe to extend their shelf life a few days.
- Store them outside the fridge if they're harder and still need to ripen a little bit.
Room temperature peaches are always tastier, just like fresh tomatoes, so I recommend taking them out of the fridge at least an hour before eating for maximum flavor.
Substitutions & Variations
Peaches - You can use fresh or frozen here. If you use fresh, make sure there is something else that's frozen in the smoothie to make it cooler and refreshing (a banana or ice cubes).
Bananas - Again, fresh or frozen. I recommend using frozen if you're using fresh peaches and vice versa.
Coconut Water - You can use either fresh coconut water straight from a young Thai coconut, or bottled coconut water. Substitute still cold water if you don't have either.
Ginger - 1-2 cm of fresh ginger works great here. I like using bottled pure ginger juice in place of fresh ginger when I don't have any on hand. It's super convenient and makes cooking so much easier!
More Delicious Summer Smoothies
Here are a few smoothies similar to this one you'll love! The raspberry smoothie is my absolute favorite! It's even tastier with fresh raspberries while they're in season!
- Refreshing Raspberry Mint Smoothie
- Tangy Baobab Sunshine Smoothie
- Baobab Mango Green Smoothie
- Superfood Packed Green Smoothie
Delicious simple smoothie with a kick and lots of nutrients. Perfect for the summer!
- 2 cups coconut water (2 young Thai coconuts)
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup chopped peach, fresh or frozen
- 1-2 cm fresh peeled ginger* (or as much as you'd like!)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup almond milk (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Either enjoy immediately or pour into a mason jar, cover with a lid, and store in the fridge for 1-2 days. The less space there is between the liquid and the lid, the better because less air ensures it will stay fresh longer.
* If you don't have fresh ginger, I really like keeping organic 100% ginger juice in the fridge. It lasts a while and it's so convenient!
The nutritional information is just an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information is not guaranteed. (Counted without the optional almond milk, it adds 10 calories.)
Keywords: ginger, summer, smoothie, peach