Cucumber Radish Salad with Fresh Herbs and simple olive oil and lemon vinaigrette. This salad is vegan and delicious as a light side or a great addition to a heartier salad!
Why you'll love this salad
This cucumber radish salad is the perfect light side dish for the spring and summer months. You can serve it with anything from the grill, pasta, sandwiches (like this Halloumi Sandwich), or eat it for breakfast or a quick lunch with eggs and avocado toast.
It can also be enjoyed on its own on those scorching hot days when all you're craving is a big bowl of refreshing salad!
The lemon vinaigrette really brings all the flavors together and upgrades the salad from good to amazing. It also tames the spiciness of the radishes. You can get creative with it and use lime instead of lemon and add some coriander for herbs to give this salad a different flavor!
What herbs work the best in this salad?
I really like the combination of fresh dill and mint in this salad. They go really well with all the other flavors.
Besides those, flat-leaf parsley, lemon thyme, oregano, or even coriander (if you're a fan) are great options! Always use fresh herbs whenever possible.
What are radishes?
Have you ever had radishes before? They're awesome and I'm sure you'll love them!
Radish is a root vegetable that's usually eaten raw in salads. It's crunchy and usually pungent. Depending on the kind it can be very mild or very spicy. They're usually available from spring until fall.
The best way to store radishes is with the greens removed, in a ziplock or produce bag in the fridge, ideally in the drawer. You can place a damp paper towel on the bottom of the bag to keep the radishes moist. They should keep for up to two weeks this way.
More ideas on how to eat radishes:
- dipped in hummus
- thinly sliced on avocado toast
- with sandwiches
More Simple Salad Recipes to Try
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Greek Potato Salad with Feta
- Charred Corn and Zucchini Salad with Pecorino
- Quinoa Salad with Pomegranate Seeds and Lemon Dressing
Delicious radish salad with fresh herbs, perfect for spring and summer!
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1-2 cups quartered radishes
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl toss together the cucumber, radishes, dill, and mint.
- To make the vinaigrette, into a small glass or a jar, add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder if using, sea salt, and pepper.
- Stir or cover with a lid and shake until emulsified.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss. Enjoy on its own or with a choice of protein.
Storing: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days, preferably with the dressing on the side.
Dill and mint substitutes: flat-leaf parsley, lemon thyme, oregano, or even coriander are great options.
The nutritional information is just an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Keywords: healthy, cucumber, radish, salad