This Charred Corn and Zucchini Salad is the perfect recipe to make on the grill, either as a main or as a side dish served with your choice of protein from the grill!
Don't have a grill? No problem! If you're like me and live in a small apartment with no outdoor space, you can use the broiler in your oven and the result is going to be just as good!
Can you believe summer is almost over?! When did the time go? I feel like it was March just yesterday and all of sudden we're 5 days away from September. I'm going to miss summer but to be honest I'm really excited for fall and winter. Warm drinks, baked goods with winter spices, hearty comforting meals. YES PLS. I'm here for all of it. But for now, it's still summer and warm outside *happy dance* so let's make this corn and zucchini salad and sit outside and soak up the sun!<3
Summer is all about salads and this is definitely one of my new favorites.
It's so easy to put together and really versatile too!
Here's what you need:
- charred corn
- charred zucchini
- juicy cherry tomatoes (or heirloom tomatoes - my fav in the summer)
- crunchy red onion (shallots would be great here too)
- Pecorino cheese - love how this cheese melts on the hot corn(sub for parmesan, feta, goat cheese, or even blue cheese!)
- sea salt and pepper (aka the essentials)
- simple lemon vinaigrette (lemon, olive oil, a little bit of honey or maple syrup)
Looking for more salads?
- Greek Potato Salad with Feta and Olives
- Quinoa Salad with Pomegranate Seeds and Lemon Dressing
- Persimmon Salad with Goat Brie
- Cajun Roasted Cauliflower Salad
Easy, quick corn and zucchini salad you can make either on the grill or in the oven. Perfect for the summer!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup or agave
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 5 corn cobs (broil for 5-10 mins, sprinkle with 3 tbsp pecorino)
- sea salt, pepper
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (divided)
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese (plus more for serving)
- 2-3 zucchinis, cut into (broil for approx. 10 mins)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- Turn your oven broiler on. (see notes for grill instructions)
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, sea salt, and pepper in a small mason jar, close with a lid and shake. Set aside.
- Peel your corn cobs, cut the kernels off and spread them on a baking sheet (the bigger the better so they can grill properly)
- Season with sea salt and pepper and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the avocado oil.
- Broil for 5-10 mins until charred. No need to toss but keep a close eye on the corn as the broiler likes to burn things FAST if you don't pay attention.
- Take out of the oven, sprinkle with the pecorino cheese and let cool.
- Cut the zucchini into 1/4-1/2" slices or chop however you like.
- Spread onto a baking sheet, drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp avocado oil, sprinkle with the 1 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp onion powder, and toss to coat.
- Broil for about 10 mins, tossing halfway.
- Into a big bowl add the corn, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and toss.
- Add dressing right before serving and enjoy sprinkled with more pecorino cheese.
Grilling the corn and zucchini on a grill: Grill the corn whole and then chop the kernels off. For the zucchini, chop off the ends, cut it in half lengthwise and grill on both sides, and then chop.
Keywords: salad, corn, zucchini, pecorino