Easy, quick corn and zucchini salad you can make either on the grill or in the oven. Perfect for the summer!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup or agave
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 5 corn cobs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese (divided)
- 2-3 zucchinis, cut into rounds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- Turn your oven broiler on. (see notes for grill instructions)
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, sea salt, and pepper in a small mason jar, close with a lid and shake. Set aside.
- Peel your corn cobs, cut the kernels off and spread them on a baking sheet (the bigger the better so they can grill properly)
- Season with sea salt and pepper and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the avocado oil.
- Broil for 5-10 mins until charred. No need to toss but keep a close eye on the corn as the broiler likes to burn things FAST if you don't pay attention.
- Take out of the oven, sprinkle with the pecorino cheese and let cool.
- Cut the zucchini into 1/4-1/2" slices or chop however you like.
- Spread onto a baking sheet, drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp avocado oil, sprinkle with the 1 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp onion powder, and toss to coat.
- Broil for about 10 mins, tossing halfway.
- Into a big bowl add the corn, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and toss.
- Add dressing right before serving and enjoy sprinkled with more pecorino cheese.
Grilling the corn and zucchini on a grill: Grill the corn whole and then chop the kernels off. For the zucchini, chop off the ends, cut it in half lengthwise and grill on both sides, and then chop.
Keywords: salad, corn, zucchini, pecorino