Delicious Vegan Peppermint Hot Chocolate just in time for the holidays! Enjoy this warming cup of creamy hot chocolate this holiday season. It's super easy to make and sweetened with only a touch of maple syrup!
Vegan hot chocolate is one of my favorite things to sip during winter and especially during the holidays. I love baking cookies too but hot chocolate is perfect for those days when you want something sweet right away, or better yet, five minutes ago. It's ready in about 5 minutes and so satisfying.
So far, I've shared three different recipes for vegan hot chocolate but none for a peppermint one. Today, I'm finally changing that and sharing this creamy dreamy drink with you. Definitely check out the other ones I've made, though. They're all my favorite. Especially the gingerbread one for this time of the year!
Christmas Spice Hot Chocolate (gingerbread)
How to make Peppermint Hot Chocolate
It's super simple. I always start with the same base. All you need is some plant-based milk, cacao powder, dark chocolate chips, and your favorite sweetener (maple syrup, coconut sugar, date sugar, agave, stevia, erythritol, etc.) I usually go for cashew milk as it's the most versatile and super creamy. Except for the Chai and the Gingerbread hot chocolate. I like using hazelnut or almond in those, the flavors go really well together.
First you warm up the milk. Just when it starts simmering, take it off the heat and add all the other ingredients. Whisk or stir until the chocolate chips dissolve and the cacao is well mixed in. Bring it back to a soft boil and simmer for a minute. Take it off the heat and use a milk frother to froth the hot chocolate. I have a little handheld milk frother I got for less than $20 and it's perfect. It's great because it also helps to blend it all together really well.
Serve with some vegan whipped cream and enjoy! I also sprinkled a little bit of crushed candy canes for fun because why not, right?
Happy Holidays! xoPrint
A delicious cup of warming creamy hot chocolate with vegan whipped cream and crushed candy cane.
- 1 cup almond milk (sub cashew or oat milk)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- vegan whipped cream (optional, for serving)
- 1 candy cane, crushed or chopped (optional, for serving)
- Pour the almond milk into a small pot and bring to a soft boil over medium-high heat. As soon as it begins to boil, take off the heat. Add the maple syrup, cacao powder, chocolate chips, and peppermint extract. Whisk or stir until it’s all combined and the chocolate chips are melted.
- Bring back to a boil and simmer for 1 minute. Take off heat and use a handheld milk frother to froth the hot chocolate. Alternatively, you can pour it into a blender and blend for a few seconds to froth (be very careful as it’s very hot).
- Pour into a cup, top with whipped cream and crushed candy cane if desired. Enjoy!
Keywords: hot chocolate, christmas, hot drink