A delicious cup of warming creamy hot chocolate with vegan whipped cream and crushed candy cane.
- 1 cup almond milk (sub cashew or oat milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- vegan whipped cream (optional, for serving)
- 1 candy cane, crushed or chopped (optional, for serving)
- Pour the almond milk into a small pot and bring to a soft boil over medium-high heat. As soon as it begins to boil, take off the heat. Add the maple syrup, cacao powder, chocolate chips, and peppermint extract. Whisk or stir until it’s all combined and the chocolate chips are melted.
- Bring back to a boil and simmer for 1 minute. Take off heat and use a handheld milk frother to froth the hot chocolate. Alternatively, you can pour it into a blender and blend for a few seconds to froth (be very careful as it’s very hot).
- Pour into a cup, top with whipped cream and crushed candy cane if desired. Enjoy!
Keywords: hot chocolate, christmas, hot drink