This Rooibos Rose Tea Latte is the perfect vegan latte for a cold day. It's inspired by the Blossoming Rose Tea Latte from Starbucks. It's not the exact same, but it comes very close and it's really good. Buying coffee/tea every day can get pricey over time. Not to mention you never know what exactly goes into your drink. When you make it at home, you know exactly how much sugar goes into it and it's just as delicious!
A little bit about this latte:
This Rooibos Rose Tea Latte has been my absolute favorite drink for the past couple of months. It's my go-to order at Starbucks ever since they came out with it. It's such a comforting, creamy latte with a hint of rose. Definitely the perfect warm drink for whenever the weather gets colder. And now you can make it yourself at home! I definitely encourage you to try it! It's nothing groundbreaking but it's such a delicious and easy drink for the winter months.
I love their iced version too. The combination of rooibos and rose is just so good! I'm sure I'll share the iced version too at some point but for now, let's enjoy this warming creamy latte.
How to make a Blossoming Rose Tea Latte:
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot on the stove.
- Add one rooibos tea teabag and let it steep.
- Take the teabag out.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Vanilla extract, maple syrup, rose water, and plant-based milk.
- Bring back to a soft boil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Take off heat and froth with a handheld frother if desired.
I've been using a small handheld frother and it works like magic! It makes it SO creamy! I used ½ cup of milk with 1 cup of water here. If you want the latte to be super creamy, I wouldn't use less than ½ cup of milk as that'd make it harder to froth.
Adjust the water to milk ratio based on your preference. You can also use only milk instead of the water and make it really thick and creamy (think hot chocolate creamy). Hope you like it!
More delicious warm drink:
- Christmas Spiced Hot Chocolate
- Vegan Eggnog Mocha
- The Best Vegan Hot Chocolate
- Almond Chai Hot Chocolate
Delicious Rooibos Rose Tea Latte. A healthier homemade vegan version of the popular Starbucks drink!
- 1 cup of water
- 1 Rooibos tea bag
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoon maple syrup or honey (or to taste)
- 2 tsp rose water
- ½ cup plant-based milk (any milk of your choice; I like cashew or almond here)
- cinnamon (for garnish, optional)
- In a small pot bring the water to a boil.
- Turn the heat off, add the Rooibos tea bag and let steep for 5-7 mins.
- Take the teabag out, add the vanilla extract, maple syrup, rose water, plant-based milk, and stir.
- Bring back to a boil, let it cook for 1-2 mins, then take off the heat.
- Using a handheld frother, froth the latte right in the pot for a few seconds or according to the instruction by the manufacturer.
- Pour into a mug, dust with cinnamon if desired, and enjoy!
This latte is great even if you don't own a frother, it just adds a nice fancy foam on top. My frother was just $10 and I use it every day - definitely a purchase I'd recommend.
Keywords: rooibos, blossoming rose, latte