This Vegan Eggnog Mocha is the definition of Christmas in a cup. It's perfectly creamy, sweet, and chocolatey. This festive Mocha is made with vegan eggnog, cold-brew coffee, and raw cacao powder. It's way healthier than anything you'd buy in a coffee shop and so fun to make!
A quick story about this Mocha:
If you know me, you know I'm not a big coffee drinker. I don't drink coffee for the energy (or well, I try not to) because I know how addicting caffeine can be. But boy do I like the taste! I usually don't drink coffee more than once a week so it always feels like a treat, rather than something I drink because I need it. This vegan eggnog mocha, though, is an extra special treat. Eggnog is a holiday classic and I can't believe this is the first time I'm mentioning it on the blog! I'm using non-alcoholic eggnog here but if you want to spike this drink with some booze, by all means, go for it! I'm so happy to have found a brand of vegan eggnog at Whole Foods. It's true that nothing really compares to the real deal in the case of eggnog but this one comes close enough and it's delicious either way.
If you can't get a hold of vegan eggnog, you can just use almond milk and add a pinch of cinnamon and a small pinch of nutmeg.
What you need to make this Mocha:
The coffee to eggnog ratio is totally up to you. I like to do ½-1 cup coffee and ½-1 cup eggnog. I usually make my drink 1 - 1 ½ cup large but that's totally up to you! Need more energy? Add more coffee! Want it to be creamier? Add more eggnog and froth with a milk frother.
- Cold-brew coffee (you can also use regular brewed coffee or a shot of espresso)
- Vegan Eggnog (I got mine at Whole Foods)
- Raw Cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- Maple Syrup (substitute agave, coconut sugar, date sugar, brown sugar, or honey if not vegan)
- Vanilla Extract
- Ground Cinnamon
- Vegan whipped cream (optional but highly recommended, I found mine at Whole Foods again)
- Ground nutmeg or more cacao powder(for garnish, optional)
More delicious warming drinks for the winter:Print
Delicious creamy vegan eggnog mocha for those times you're craving both coffee and hot chocolate.
- ½ - 1 cup brewed coffee (I used cold-brew)
- ½ - 1 cup vegan eggnog
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder (or sub cocoa)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- Vegan whipped cream (for serving)
- Ground nutmeg (for garnish, optional)
- Add all the ingredients (except the nutmeg and whipped cream) into a small pot and whisk to combine.
- Bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat while stirring frequently. Let boil for just a minute and take off the heat. Use a milk frother to froth the mocha and pour into a mug.
- Add vegan whipped cream if desired, dust with a little bit of nutmeg, and enjoy immediately.
If you don't have a milk frother, you can skip it completely or use a blender. Be very careful with hot liquid in blenders. The hot steam can make it explode (the lid will fly off) if it can't escape. Don't use a Nutribullet for this.
The nutritional information is just an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information is not guaranteed.
Keywords: eggnog, holiday, drink