Radicchio Clementine Salad with Roasted Almonds and Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette. This salad is vegan and can be ready in less than 30 minutes!
I'm excited to share this salad with you because I love clementines but surprisingly, there are not that many savory clementine recipes. It's always fun to add sweet fruits into savory dishes.
The bitterness of the radicchio goes perfectly with the sweetness of the clementines. When you add the vinaigrette, the bitterness goes away completely like magic!
How to make clementine salad:
You only need 8 ingredients (excluding salt and pepper) and less than 30 minutes to make this salad!
- raw almonds: which you'll roast with oil and sea salt for about 10 minutes
- vinaigrette ingredients: a chopped shallot, EVO, sherry vinegar, and sea salt and pepper.
- salad: whole radicchio, and clementines (I also add fresh parsley but that's optional)
It's really just a matter of tossing all the ingredients together and serving topped with roasted almonds.
Tip: Don't add the dressing until you're ready to serve. This will help the salad stay fresh and not to wilt down.
This salad is the perfect combinations of the 4 tastes every meal should have.
- salty (almonds)
- bitter (radicchio)
- sweet (clementines)
- sour (sherry vinegar)
I also find the sherry vinegar with the shallot to be the umami taste of this salad.
More salad recipes:
- Greek Potato Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Pomegranate Seeds and Lemon Dressing
- Persimmon Salad with Goat Brie and Pomegranate Seeds
Delicious light clementine salad. The sweetness of the clementine pairs perfectly with the bitterness of the radicchio. Perfect for the citrus season!
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1 tsp avocado oil (or other cooking oil)
- A good pinch of sea salt (¼-½ teaspoon + more for the dressing)
- 1 shallot or 1 small red onion, finely chopped (makes approx. ⅓ cup)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp + 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 head radicchio, chopped into bite-size pieces (5-6 cups chopped)
- 4 clementines, peeled and segments pulled apart
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Add the almonds to a baking sheet with the oil and salt. Roast for 10-12 mins until fragrant. Set aside.
- To make the vinaigrette, mix together the chopped shallot, extra virgin olive oil, sherry vinegar, maple syrup, and a pinch of sea salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- To put it all together, combine the radicchio, clementine segments, and parsley (if using) in a big bowl and toss to combine. Chop the roasted almonds.
- When ready to serve, pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss.
- Serve garnished with the chopped almonds.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Keywords: radicchio, clementine, salad, feta cheese