Delicious light clementine salad. The sweetness of the clementine pairs perfectly with the bitterness of the radicchio. Perfect for the citrus season!
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 tsp avocado oil (or other cooking oil)
- A good pinch of sea salt (¼-½ tsp + more for the dressing)
- 1 shallot or 1 small red onion, finely chopped (makes approx. 1/3 cup)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp + 1 Tsp sherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 head radicchio, chopped into bite-size pieces (5-6 cups chopped)
- 4 clementines, peeled and segments pulled apart
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Add the almonds to a baking sheet with the oil and salt. Roast for 10-12 mins until fragrant. Set aside.
- To make the vinaigrette, mix together the chopped shallot, extra virgin olive oil, sherry vinegar, maple syrup, and a pinch of sea salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- To put it all together, combine the radicchio, clementine segments, and parsley (if using) in a big bowl and toss to combine. Chop the roasted almonds.
- When ready to serve, pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss.
- Serve garnished with the chopped almonds.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Keywords: radicchio, clementine, salad, feta cheese