These Healthy Greek Yogurt Pancakes are the fluffiest and softest pancakes ever! They're made with gluten-free flour, greek yogurt, and whipped egg whites.
What makes these pancakes special?
These pancakes are similar to souffle pancakes in that they're incredibly fluffy and soft. They're made with whipped egg whites which gives them a soft texture.
The main two ingredients here are greek yogurt and eggs. There's only a little bit of gluten-free flour and no sugar. This makes these pancakes sugar-free and keto!
You can add a little coconut sugar if you'd like but I like to keep them sugar-free and add maple syrup on top. This way you know exactly how much sweetener you're adding.
These are definitely my favorite pancakes to make!
Making greek yogurt pancakes:
You only need 6 ingredients, all of which you probably already have! It takes about 30 minutes from start to finish to make these and the results are totally worth it!
- eggs - egg whites separated and whipped
- greek yogurt - you can use any yogurt you have, if you don't want to use dairy, you can use a vegan yogurt
- gluten-free flour - I like Bob's Red Mill GF flour blend
- vanilla extract - substitute fresh vanilla bean if you have any
- baking powder - to help them rise and get puffy
- sea salt - for whipping the egg whites
Whipped egg whites FAQ:
Make sure the bowl and your mixer are clean and dry. Any oil or egg yolk will hinder the process and your egg whites won't whip properly.
No. Some people add salt, sugar, and cream of Tartar but eggs will whip on their own too without a problem. I only add a little bit of fine sea salt.
You know they are whipped well when there are stiff peaks when you take out the beaters.
Folding egg whites mean stirring it in by lifting and folding the batter over the egg whites until they're incorporated. Be gentle, if you stir it too much, the egg whites will deflate and turn watery.
Yes. It's ok if there are a few lumps of whipped egg whites here and there. It's better than over-mixing it.
More pancake recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Apple Cider Pancakes (gluten-free)
- Buckwheat Banana Blueberry Pancakes (vegan)
- Chai Spiced Pancakes with Cashew Cream (vegan)
Healthy Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 10 pancakes 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 4 large eggs, separated (you need 4 egg whites and 2 egg yolks)
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup gluten-free flour blend (I like Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 blend)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- avocado oil for cooking (or sub butter)
- For serving: maple syrup, butter, more yogurt, berries, or any other fruit
- Start by separating the egg whites from the egg yolks. Add 4 egg whites into a large bowl and set aside until ready to whip.
- Into another bowl add 2 egg yolks, 1 cup greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ cup gluten-free flour, and ½ teaspoon baking powder. Mix well until incorporated and set aside.
- Add ¼ teaspoon sea salt to the egg whites and whip until the egg whites are white with stiff peaks.
- Add ⅓ of the egg whites into the batter and mix to loosen it up. You don’t have to worry about deflating them here.
- Add the rest of the egg whites in two stages and gently fold them into the batter. It’s ok if there are some lumps.
- Heat about 1 teaspoon avocado oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Spoon the batter on the pan and form pancakes. Lower the heat to medium and cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes on one side, flip, and cook for 1-2 on the other side or until golden. Repeat with the rest of the batter and add more oil as needed.
- Best served immediately with maple syrup, berries, butter, or yogurt if desired.
The recipe calls for four eggs but you only use 2 egg yolks. Save the remaining two for another recipe or just add them to your omelet!
The nutritional information is just an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information is not guaranteed. It is counted without any toppings.
Keywords: sugar-free, keto, yogurt, pancakes
I love the first photo, a very good capture that looks like a fountain... These pancakes are promising to be soft and super delicious. I like that they are sugar-free.
Wow! These look amazing! Love this and definitely will be trying it out, this would be even good for my 6 month old.
We make pancakes for breakfast (and sometimes for dinner) at least once a week. I can always use a healthier version. So glad to have found this one.
These pancakes are great! It's almost hard to believe they're healthy. The egg whites gave them such a wonderfully fluffy texture, and I love the flavor the Greek yogurt added.
These look so fluffy!! I always have some greek yogurt in the fridge so can't wait to try. I bet the whipped egg whites give great texture.
These look so amazing! Can't wait to try out this recipe!!
These pancakes are making me drool right now! I want these for breakfast tomorrow.
Ooh these were so soft and fluffy with the greek yogurt, and it's always great to have the extra protein. ;)
Definitely plan on trying these! I love that they use greek yogurt!
I was just looking for a recipe like this, I’m so glad I found your blog. I can’t wait to try this one out!!
Um... now I am utterly starving! These look so delicious! Going to have to try this recipe.
These were so good and fluffy! I love how you used greek yogurt and it gave it an extra touch and make my pancakes moist. Great idea and thank you!
Beautiful shots! These look and sound so good...pancakes are my weekend treat and I cannot wait to try this healthier recipe!
These really could not be any more perfect! Such a great, healthy, way to enjoy pancakes!
This recipe came out so super yummy, my kids ate their plates Clean!!
These pancakes look great and like such a tasty meal to start the day with. Thanks for sharing!