- 4 large eggs, separated (you need 4 egg whites and 2 egg yolks)
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup gluten-free flour blend (I like Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 blend)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- avocado oil for cooking (or sub butter)
- For serving: maple syrup, butter, more yogurt, berries, or any other fruit
- Start by separating the egg whites from the egg yolks. Add 4 egg whites into a large bowl and set aside until ready to whip.
- Into another bowl add 2 egg yolks, 1 cup greek yogurt, 1 tsp vanilla extract, ½ cup gluten-free flour, and ½ tsp baking powder. Mix well until incorporated and set aside.
- Add ¼ tsp sea salt to the egg whites and whip until the egg whites are white with stiff peaks.
- Add ⅓ of the egg whites into the batter and mix to loosen it up. You don’t have to worry about deflating them here.
- Add the rest of the egg whites in two stages and gently fold them into the batter. It’s ok if there are some lumps.
- Heat about 1 tsp avocado oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Spoon the batter on the pan and form pancakes. Lower the heat to medium and cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes on one side, flip, and cook for 1-2 on the other side or until golden. Repeat with the rest of the batter and add more oil as needed.
- Best served immediately with maple syrup, berries, butter, or yogurt if desired.
The recipe calls for four eggs but you only use 2 egg yolks. Save the remaining two for another recipe or just add them to your omelet!
The nutritional information is just an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information is not guaranteed. It is counted without any toppings.
Keywords: sugar-free, keto, yogurt, pancakes