These Strawberry Overnight Oats aren't your usual basic oats. They're made with homemade strawberry milk and absolutely to die for! The best part? You can enjoy them all year round!
What Makes This Recipe Stand Out?
Getting up early and making breakfast is difficult for most of us and it's the reason we tend to skip it for that little bit of extra sleep. Am I right?
You don't have to choose between sleep and breakfast! With overnight oats, you can have both!
It comes together in just a few minutes and requires very little prep. These strawberry overnight oats are also made with homemade strawberry milk which makes them extra tasty and it's easier than you'd think!
Strawberry Milk or Chopped Strawberries?
Chopped strawberries are great here but homemade strawberry milk is even better! And I'd say it takes less time than finely chopping strawberries.
All you need to do is blend strawberries with some plant-based milk and vanilla and pour that over your oats instead of plain milk. I like to add maple syrup and almond butter for more sweetness and protein.
The reason this is better than just chopped strawberries is that the oats soak up all that strawberry flavor much more when you blend the strawberries with the milk. So delicious!
Craving Even More Strawberry Recipes?
- If you haven't tried these Orange Strawberry Sunrise Popsicles, you definitely should! They're the most popular recipe on the blog!
- Try this Strawberry Vanilla Chia Jam, it's the best!
- These Strawberry Coconut Sugar Cookies are perfect for the summer!
- Strawberries and rhubarb are the perfect fruit combo, try it in these Strawberry Rhubarb Breakfast Oat Bars!
Yes! Because we're working with fresh fruit here, I would recommend making this recipe max 3 days ahead for the best taste.
I don't recommend it. I haven't tried it but I think the texture wouldn't be the same. This recipe takes only a few minutes to prepare so there's no need to freeze it!
Yes! Most people prefer to eat overnight oats as is to save time but you can heat them up if desired. If you do, I recommend skipping the chia seeds for better texture.
Yes! This would be delicious with any other berries or even stone fruit like peaches or apricots. Just blend the fruit with the milk as you would the strawberries.
Delicious overnight oats made extra delicious with homemade strawberry milk. Fancier than regular overnight oats but still really easy!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼-½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp almond butter (optional)
- In a jar, mix together the rolled oats, cinnamon, and chia seeds if using. Set aside.
- Add the almond milk, strawberries, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and almond butter (if using) into a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the strawberry milk over the oats and stir until well incorporated.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Serve as is or topped with more berries, nut butter, nuts, seeds, or any other toppings.
*If using frozen strawberries, let them thaw for 30-60 mins before blending to make them easier to blend.
Storing: Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The nutritional information is just an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information is not guaranteed. It is counted without the chia seeds, maple syrup, and almond butter.
Keywords: strawberry, oats, vegan, breakfast