Oh, look it's another strawberry post! Yay or nay? It's definitely a YAY for me because by now you're probably aware of my strawberry obsession. Today I'm sharing with you delicious strawberry overnight oats you'll love this summer. This breakfast requires no time in the kitchen in the morning which is what we all want, right? Let's make some strawberry oats together!
Before we do that, let me just share with you all the strawberry recipes I've posted so far this year.
First, there were the Strawberry Coconut Sugar Cookies which are absolutely heavenly, then I posted a recipe for the best Strawberry Rhubarb Breakfast Oat Bars which you have to try, it's SO good! And last but not least, I shared with you a really easy Strawberry Vanilla Chia Jam recipe. So ,these oats included, I posted 4 strawberry recipes this year and I'm really happy about all of them because they're super tasty. You definitely need to give them a try!
Making overnight oats is extremely simple. You basically just throw all the ingredients into a mason jar and stir. That's it. Really!!
You can obviously make it fancy in the morning if you have the time (like I did in the pictures) but you totally don't have to. You can just mix it all together and put the toppings straight into the jar so the oats are completely ready for you in the morning.
I've been making so many bowls of overnight oats lately because I started a new job and I'm simply too lazy, and asleep for that matter, to make regular oatmeal when I have to get up extra early. Isn't always like that, though? I don't know about you, but when I have a day off, I'm totally ok with getting up (without any alarm) pretty early (which for me is 7-8am) and spending half hour making steel cut oats but when I have to go to work and get up at the exact same hour, I literally have to drag myself out of the bed to the kitchen. What's the conclusion, always make yourself some overnight oats the night before and sleep in!
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder (or sub 1 tsp vanilla extract or the seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean)
- 1 cup homemade almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or sub any other sweetener you like)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Into a mason jar, add the chopped strawberries, oats, chia seeds if using, cinnamon, and vanilla (if using vanilla extract, add it along with the milk later). Mix it briefly with a spoon to incorporate the cinnamon.
- Add the milk, maple syrup, and almond butter if using. Mix well.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Enjoy topped with more strawberries, almond butter, hemp seeds, goji berries, or a drizzle of my raw chocolate sauce.
You can obviously use store bought almond milk here or any other plant-based milk of choice. It's just that once you taste the homemade kind, it's hard to go back because it tastes so much better.