This Starbucks Copycat Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato is perfect for fall and perfect for those craving fall flavors in an iced drink. It's super easy to make and fully vegan!
Why This Recipe Works
- The perfect fall drink - This macchiato combines all the best flavors for fall, it's creamy, and so delicious! If you're a fan of iced lattes and caramel, you should also check out this Iced Caramel Macchiato! It's even easier to make than this apple one!
- Making it at home is really easy - Making the apple syrup is the only cooking and preparation you have to do. It makes enough for a week so all you have to do in the morning is mix it with coffee and milk!
- It's much cheaper - Getting Starbucks every day can get pretty pricey so making your own versions at home is a great way to save money if you drink coffee every day.
- It's healthier - The apple syrup in this recipe is made with maple syrup which is slightly healthier than the Starbucks syrup and drizzle that are made with a blend of white and brown sugars. Plus you can decide how much syrup actually goes in, I tend to add less when I actually see how much is going in.
- Apple Syrup - I'm making this with three simple ingredients. Apple puree, maple syrup, and spices. Plus a splash of water.
- Coffee - Starbucks adds espresso which is the classic way to make a macchiato so that's what I used too. If you don't have an espresso machine, you can use cold-brew or any other plain coffee.
- Milk - I'm using almond milk but any milk or plant-based milk works here.
- Add all the apple syrup ingredients to a small pot and bring it to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let the cooked syrup cool down slighly before straining.
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer to get rid of the extra pulp the apples give it. You can skip this step if you need it to be ready quicker but I highly recommend straining it.
- Pour your chilled apple syrup into a tall glass.
- Top with ice.
- Froth the almond milk and pour it over the ice.
- Brew your espresso or regular coffee and pour it in.
- Stir with a straw and enjoy!
It's made with coffee (espresso), milk, apple brown sugar syrup, and apple drizzle. 16 fl. oz has a whopping 45g of sugar.
Yes! I make mine with almond milk and I highly recommend you do the same!
Yes! Any coffee you like works here!
Yes, definitely! The whole recipe would be the same, you just don't add any ice for the hot version.
More Starbucks Inspired Iced Drinks
Sharing my takes on popular Starbucks drinks are honestly my favorite recipes to share which is why there are quite a few on my blog! The list is ever-growing, but here are five of my current favorites:
- Iced Guava Black Tea
- Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade
- Iced London Fog Tea Latte
- Double Chocolate Iced Mocha
- Iced Pineapple Matcha Drink
Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 drink 1x
- Category: Drink
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
This apple crisp macchiato is the perfect drink for fall! It's packed with warming spices and it's just as good as the popular drink at Starbucks!
- 1 cup apple puree
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp apple pie spice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Single Serving Macchiato:
- 2-3 tablespoon apple syrup
- ½ cup plant-based milk (I like almond milk)
- 2 shots espresso
- Add the apple puree, maple syrup, water, and apple pie spice into a small pot. Stir and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the vanilla extract at the end of cooking.
- When it’s done it should be slightly thicker and darker in color.
- Strain it through a mesh strainer into a heat-proof bowl. This step is optional but recommended.
- Store in a glass jar until ready to use. Let cool uncovered before closing with a lid and transferring to a fridge.
- To make an apple crisp macchiato, add 2-3 tablespoon of the syrup into a tall glass. Top with ice. Use a milk frother to froth the cold milk. I like a handheld milk frother, it’s cheap and works! Pour the milk over the ice.
- Make the espresso and pour it into the glass over the ice. Stir and enjoy!
The syrup makes enough for a few drinks but I highly recommend using it on pancakes too! It’s such a great fall alternative to regular maple syrup!
You may want to adjust the amount of apple syrup you use per drink. You can start with 1 tablespoon and add more as needed.
The recipe is for a single serving drink with leftover syrup for more servings. The amount of syrup the recipe yields should make 7-8 macchiatos.
Storing: The syrup keeps in the fridge in an airtight container for about a week.
Keywords: apple crisp, macchiato, starbucks
Loving the sound of the fall drink. Who needs Starbuck when you can make this at home.
Lauren Michael Harris
I love a good Starbucks's copycat recipe. I was hesitant to try theirs, but my husband liked it so I'm going to make this recipe this week so I can adjust it to my own tastes - thanks for the recipe!
This is perfect! Fall is coming fast and this will be just right for mwe and my family.
I do love Starbucks drinks, but I'm loving your machiatto much more. I certainly prefer the almond milk, which is much lighter in calories. These are tasty fall flavors and the perfect treat for brunch at home:)
This is my new favorite fall drink!! I used the Apple syrup on my pancakes too!
Good morning! I found your Starbucks Copycat Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato recipe via Pinterest and decided it looked terrific. I had to try it out! I had most of the ingredients, went to the store immediately, and got the rest of what I needed to make this yummy recipe. The recipe turned out fantastic. I will be saving this recipe to make again soon.
I love this drink at Starbucks but you're right, it can get pricey. So I was delighted to find this recipe and will be making it this weekend. Thank you!
This is the perfect homemade recipe version of the one at Starbucks and I am here for it! I love anything homemade and this would be a better alternative as it is cheaper to make and still delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe, I cant wait to try this out!
I was looking for a special treat to have this morning after brunch and I found your Starbucks copycat macchiato recipe. Luckily I had all of the ingredients because if I hadn't I would have made my dear Hubby go out and get them. We LOVED the coffee. It is one we'll be making often this Fall. Really made the start of the day special.
This drink is a huge hit this year. But I was never a fan of Starbucks, to be honest. Too many calories. But this is fab! I love that apple syrup. I will make this for sure.
Lori | The Kitchen Whisperer
So loving this fall Apple-luscious recipe! This just sounds absolutely perfect!