This apple crisp macchiato is the perfect drink for fall! It's packed with warming spices and it's just as good as the popular drink at Starbucks!
- 1 cup apple puree
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp apple pie spice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Single Serving Macchiato:
- 2-3 tbsp apple syrup
- ½ cup plant-based milk (I like almond milk)
- 2 shots espresso
- Add the apple puree, maple syrup, water, and apple pie spice into a small pot. Stir and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the vanilla extract at the end of cooking.
- When it’s done it should be slightly thicker and darker in color.
- Strain it through a mesh strainer into a heat-proof bowl. This step is optional but recommended.
- Store in a glass jar until ready to use. Let cool uncovered before closing with a lid and transferring to a fridge.
- To make an apple crisp macchiato, add 2-3 tbsp of the syrup into a tall glass. Top with ice. Use a milk frother to froth the cold milk. I like a handheld milk frother, it’s cheap and works! Pour the milk over the ice.
- Make the espresso and pour it into the glass over the ice. Stir and enjoy!
The syrup makes enough for a few drinks but I highly recommend using it on pancakes too! It’s such a great fall alternative to regular maple syrup!
You may want to adjust the amount of apple syrup you use per drink. You can start with 1 tbsp and add more as needed.
The recipe is for a single serving drink with leftover syrup for more servings. The amount of syrup the recipe yields should make 7-8 macchiatos.
Storing: The syrup keeps in the fridge in an airtight container for about a week.
Keywords: apple crisp, macchiato, starbucks