It’s the time of the year when eating popsicles almost every day is acceptable, if not necessary. Right? I don’t know about you but summer is 100% my favorite season and I love making my own healthy popsicles when I’m craving ice cream. It’s pretty easy actually! It’s just a matter of blending a few ingredients and pouring them into popsicle molds and done! These Orange Strawberry Sunrise Popsicles are one of the easiest recipes from my How to Make the Best Healthy Vegan Popsicles ebook and I really wanted to share it with you so let’s make some popsicles today!
I love these because they’re so easy to make and because they’re perfect for hot summer days. I do love my creamy chocolate popsicles but when it’s a thousand degrees outside, I much prefer watery, fruity popsicles that just cool you down. These taste exactly like the ones I used to buy as a kid
These totally bring me back to childhood because they taste exactly like the ones I used to buy as a kid. The only difference is that these have much less ingredients, only a little bit of sweetener, and they’re made with love — how can you beat that? Besides, look how beautiful they look!
The wooden sticks don’t stick very straight in these but that kind of makes me like them even more. It makes them look so fun and homemade and cute!
If you like these and you want more recipes like this one head over to my How to Make the Best Healthy Vegan Popsicles ebook and check out all the amazing recipes on there as well as clever tips and tricks on how to make the best popsicles ever (and impress all your neighbors & relatives). In the ebook, I also talk about all the ingredients I use — the basic ones and also the more unusual stuff like superfoods. But don’t worry, all the recipes are easy to follow and the ingredients are pretty easy to buy or you can easily substitute them!
I love the combination of the tangy orange and sweet strawberries in these popsicles, it’s absolutely amazing. I’m gonna stop rambling now and let you look at the recipe.
If you make them, don’t forget to let me know on Instagram or Twitter! :)
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice (3-4 oranges)
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Start by juicing the oranges using a citrus juicer, pour the juice into a jug and set aside.
- Add the strawberries, water, and maple syrup into a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
- First, pour the orange juice evenly into each popsicle mold (about ½-3/4 full). Then, using a spoon, add the strawberry mixture into each mold.
- You can carefully move the strawberry mixture around a little in the molds with a spoon so that the popsicles have more of a gradient look.
- Place into the freezer and freezer for at least 1 hours before inserting the popsicle sticks into each mold to help them stay straight.
- Freeze for at least 12 hours.
- To take them out, run hot water over the molds briefly and they should be easy to pull out.
- Store in the freezer in small reclosable plastic bags.