I've been wanting to make sweet cashew cream or dressing/dip ever since I made this savory vegan Cashew Dressing. So today... *drumroll* I present to you this amazing, vanilla flavored, creamy, dreamy, delicious, and sweet cashew cream!! You can make parfaits with it, pour it over banana "nice cream", spread it on banana bread or (my personal fave) eat it straight from the jar with a spoon!
If you think nothing can beat this cream, add cacao to it. You'll be on cloud 9 I guarantee you. I recently made a raw cake slice based off this recipe, and it was to die for. SO GOOD. I added a couple more ingredients to make it harden when refrigerated and bam! I had a raw cake! The recipe still needs tweaking but just know that it's coming. A raw double chocolate cashew cream cake is coming your way soon (mostly because it's freakishly good and I really
need want to make it again).
As I said at the beginning, you can make parfaits with this and I actually have one coming next month! I already shared a sneak peek on Instagram so if you follow me there you would've already seen it! The parfait is pretty epic, that's all I'm gonna say about it now so stay tuned for the recipe, you'll be obsessed (I know I am).
5 things you need to make Sweet Cashew Cream
- maple syrup (or coconut nectar to keep it raw)
- water or almond milk
- lemon juice
- sea salt
That's it! It couldn't be easier, right? This can be your base and you can add anything you want to it depending on what you like. For example, you can add superfoods like raw cacao, acai or maqui powder, maca, mesquite, carob, or even a little bit of spirulina to turn the cream green! I added wild defrosted blueberries once to make it pretty and purple and poured it over pancakes that may or may not appear on the blog next month... shhhh.
This cashews cream is great on pancakes, waffles, or oatmeal, in parfaits, or simply with fresh fruit as a dip.
- 1 cup cashews
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or coconut nectar to keep it raw)
- ½ cup almond milk or water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla powder (optional)
- Start by soaking the nuts. Put them into a medium bowl and cover with hot water. Soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and add them into a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients. (you can start with only ¼ cup of the almond milk if you want thicker consistency and add more if needed)
- Pour into a glass jar and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.