Hi, guys! Another month has gone by and I'm back with another favorites post. Last month's favorites were super long so I thought I'd keep short and sweet today so you don't feel like reading a long book.
I'm really happy it's already April because that means summer is coming and I can't wait for it to get warmer. It's actually been pretty nice outside lately. It's been sunny all day for the past couple days and I bet it was 25C in the sun, if not more. How are you enjoying the warmer weather? Are you also excited about summer or are you more of a winter person? I'm definitely a summer person. Or spring/summer. I mean, I don't like it when so boiling hot you can't even think straight but I'd much rather have summer than windy, cold, rainy weather.
Now let's get to the favorites! PS: I have some exciting news for you guys at the end!! I can't wait to share it with you. :)
- a new recipe I tried and totally loved: raw buckwheat porridge. It's so delicious I can't believe I haven't tried it before! I'm actually going to post a recipe for it this month so you can keep an eye out for that.
- a favorite recipe of mine from last month: Du Puy Lentil Salad with Fennel and Sweet Potato. I posted it on the last day of March but I definitely liked it the most. I came across these delicious lentils only recently and fell in love! It's definitely a recipe you should try if you're getting tired of your regular salads.
- check out also the other recipes I posted last month:
- a recipe from a fellow blogger I really enjoyed: This pumpkin loaf by Wholehearted Eats. I bought a can of pumpkin puree when I was in New York last year and I was dying to use it but I didn't want to waste it on recipe testing so I searched the internet for a delicious pumpkin bread and found a perfect vegan one! They don't actually sell pumpkin puree here and I'm really lazy to make it myself so this is kind of a once-a-year kind of thing and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
- books I stayed awake reading: I've been reading Harry Potter for the last two months, I started reading the fourth one a few days ago and I'm really enjoying it! It's almost shameful I haven't read Harry Potter until now and I'm really glad I finally got around to reading it. I've always liked the movies but I couldn't get myself to read the books for some reason. If you're like me and haven't read the series yet, definitely give it a try; you're going to love it!
- songs I couldn't get out of my head:
- Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers feat. Daya
- What if I Go? by Mura masa
- Show You by UV boi feat. MTNS
- I'm in Control by AlunaGeorge feat. Popcaan
- Burn Wild by ROZES
- Drunk, Befour, She, Like I Would, and It's You by ZAYN
- Nobody Else but You by Andrew Applepie
- movie recommendation: I went to see Allegiant (The Divergent series) in March and even though I wasn't sure about how I'd like it because the trailer looked like the movie takes place on Mars, I actually really enjoyed it! I probably even liked it more than Insurgent. Nothing beats the first movie but Allegiant was also pretty great. It wasn't a great book to movie adaptation because honestly, it didn't resemble the book so if you try and forget the book, it was a great movie. And to be honest, if they made the movie exactly like the last book, I have no idea how they'd divide it into two movies, there just wasn't enough action in the book for that. I dare to say the movie is better than the book in this case.
- hopes and goals for next month: I'm writing an e-book! I don't wanna say anything yet as when it's gonna be available because I'm not sure yet but I want to finish it as soon as possible. All I'm gonna say it's full of sweet recipes — vegan recipes, they're summer-themed, and they're all reallyyyy delicious. ;) It's obviously going to be available before summer, hopefully by the end of May (by the end of April would be awesome but we'll see how it goes)