April was definitely the month of popsicles for me. Sometime in March an idea to create an e-book full of popsicles struck me and I've been coming up with recipe ideas ever since. I'm going to tell you more about it in an upcoming post but I'm almost done with it, it's definitely coming out this week, and it contains 17 healthy vegan popsicles! :) I couldn't be more excited about it and I hope you guys love it as much as I do because I honestly love every single popsicle recipe in it. I probably made over 200 popsicles in April so you can imagine what my freezer looks like. I'm actually eating a popsicle as I write this.
I was actually planning to create a breakfast recipes e-book but as I was brainstorming recipes, I came across a popsicle recipe I wrote down months ago and before I knew it, I was writing down all my popsicle recipe ideas instead of breakfast recipes. I had so much fun creating it
and then eating the popsicles. There is definitely going to be also a breakfast recipes e-book in the future, but I decided to do the popsicle e-book first because summer is around the corner and we're all craving popsicles (well, I know I am). Anyways, about that later, now let's get to the best of April!
- Choosing my top favorite recipe from last month is hard so I'm gonna go with two. First, I chose the Chocolate Oatmeal with Orange Zest because oatmeal is my most favorite breakfast ever. And then the Tangy Baobab Sunshine Smoothie I posted last week. I love the smoothie, it's sweet, satisfying, and it tastes like summer which is all I need in a smoothie.
- Check out also my Raw Blackberry Buckwheat Porridge and Baobab mango Green Smoothie by clicking on the pictures below. :)
Books I couldn't put down:
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- I haven't finished this book yet, I have about 50 pages left I think but so far I love it! I've been meaning to read this series for such a long time now, and I'm glad I finally started. I went into it thinking the story's going to be terrifying, and though it is scary at times, it's also funny in a witty sort of way. It's such a gripping story, I can't wait to continue with the series!
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
- Yes, I'm actually reading the Harry Potter series for the first time ever and I'm really enjoying it. I started reading Harry Potter when I was 8 or 9 I think but I didn't even finish the first book at that time. I actually clearly remember not reading past page 32 for whatever reason. Now, 13 years later (wow), I finally finished the first 3 books and right now, I'm halfway the 4th one. I want to take my time with it, savor it, I don't want to just fly through the books because I really enjoy them and I honestly don't want it to stop.
Songs I couldn't get out of my head:
- Cool Kids by Echosmith
- Cheap Thrills by Sia feat. Sean Paul
- Roses by The Chainsmokers feat. ROZES
- Rock Bottom by Hailee Steinfeld feat. DNCE
- Work from Home by Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign
TV show recommendation:
- I didn't actually go to the cinema this past month and I'm positive I only watched tv shows so I have no movie recommendations but I do have one tv show I really really enjoyed. Shadowhunters. I highly recommend you check it out, I literally watch the whole first season in about 3 days (no regrets). It's so good, I can't wait for season 2 whenever that's coming. It's based on The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Claire though I hear it's very different from the books. I haven't read those yet but they're definitely on my list of books to read (along with thousand of others).
Hopes and goals for next month:
- I'm going to Toronto this month! May 13th, to be exact. And yes, I chose Friday 13th to fly to Toronto — mostly because the tickets were cheaper lol. I'm actually going because I bought a ticket for the Purpose tour last year for May 18th in Toronto thinking I'm already going to be there. Well, I'm not but at least I can make a trip out of it. I applied for a Canadian working visa but it's taking longer than I expected. That being said, it's currently looking really good so I'm hoping I'll get it because then I'd be able to live and work there for a year and that would be awesome. I'll keep you updated about what I'm up to in Toronto in my upcoming blog posts and mostly on my snapchat (shameless promotion: healthfulideas) and on my Instagram. After I come back, I'll definitely post another "Where to eat in..." post, Toronto edition.