Summer is definitely the best time of the year to enjoy raw breakfast every day. There’s nothing better than a bowl of refreshing chia pudding on a hot summer morning. I confess, I still eat my regular bowls of steaming oatmeal quite often (don’t judge me, oatmeal is just too good to skip) but I also love chia pudding and smoothies in the morning and this Berry Chocolate Chia Parfait is the combination of both AKA happiness in a bowl.
This is sort of an unconventional parfait as most parfaits are served in tall glasses in layers rather than in bowls. I didn’t add any granola or yogurt to this one either but feel free to add some if you want! You can try out my easy Maple Banana Granola I posted a while back and if you live in New York, top it with Anita’s coconut yogurt which I absolutely love and miss every single day (pls ship it to me to Europe I beg you).
Berries and chocolate go so well together that I tend to eat them every single day. If you’re craving even more of berry & cacao goodness, you can check out my Raw Maqui Berry Buckwheat Porridge, Cherry Blueberry Oatmeal with Acai, or this delicious Blueberry Baked Oatmeal.
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup oats (optional, I chose steel-cut oats)
- 1 heaping tbsp acai powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup almond or other plant-based milk
- ½ cup water
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ banana (fresh or frozen)
- ½ plant-based milk (+ more if needed)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or 1 Medjool date
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a mason jar.
- Add the almond milk, water, and maple syrup and mix well.
- Let it sit for 5-10 minutes, mix again to get rid of any lumps and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, place all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth. Add more liquid if necessary.
- To put it all together, divide the pudding into two bowls, then add the sorbet and top with anything you like (berries, nut butter, nuts, seeds, chocolate sauce). Enjoy immediately.