Do you like pomegranate juice? I'm actually a big fan so this Pomegranate Margarita is right up my alley! It's made with the classic margarita ingredients, plus delicious pomegranate juice and a dash of orange bitters. The perfect winter holiday cocktail!
If you live in the US and haven't decided on what drink you want to serve on Thanksgiving, look no further! I live in Canada so we already have our Thanksgiving but if it were me, I'd only consider two cocktails. This Pomegranate Margarita or this Cranberry Orange Margarita I posted last week. They're both equally delicious, it just depends on your preference. If you want something different and tangy, go for the one I'm sharing today. If you have leftover cranberry sauce or just can't get enough of them, choose the one I'm linking.
This margarita, you don't even need a cocktail shaker for. Just simply pour all the ingredients into a glass and stir and top with ice. If you like your cocktails bubbly, add some sparkling water too! If you do own a cocktail shaker, by all means, use it! It's one of my favorite gadgets. Just strain it into a glass and top with some ice cubes and sparkling water if desired. The exact details are in the recipe card below.
What goes into this margarita:
If you're not sure what bitters are or how to use them, check out the Cranberry Margarita post, I explained it all there.
I'm fairly new to pomegranate juice. I mean, okay, I knew it existed, I just never actually tried it. I've had pomegranate seeds, though. I always struggle with opening the fruit and taking the seeds out, no matter how many tutorials read. Buying a bottle of organic pomegranate juice is a fun way to skip all that, and the seeds, and just enjoy the flavor. It's perfectly tart and sweet and works great in cocktails. It's also really tasty with just sparkling water.
All the ingredients you need:
- Silver tequila
- Cointreau (or sub Triple sec if that's what you have or prefer)
- Lime juice
- Pomegranate juice
- Maple syrup or agave nectar
- Orange Bitters (or ⅛ teaspoon orange extract)
- Fresh pomegranate for garnish (optional)
I like to use maple syrup or agave in my cocktails because they're healthier options than simple syrup. They're also easier to use than simple syrup because you don't have to make them yourself. It's a win win!Print
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Delicious margarita for the fall and winter months. Perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 2 tbsp coarse sugar
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 ½ oz silver tequila
- ½ oz Cointreau (or Triple Sec)
- ½ fresh lime juice
- 3 oz pomegranate juice
- Dash of orange bitters (or ¼ teaspoon orange extract, optional)
- ½ oz maple syrup or agave nectar (optional)
- Fresh pomegranate seeds for garnish (optional)
- Start by rimming the glass. Add the sugar to a plate or a shallow bowl, run the lime wedge around the rim of the glass or dip the rim in a shallow bowl filled with water. Dip the rim in the sugar and set aside until ready to serve.
- Cocktail shaker: Add the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, pomegranate juice, orange bitters, and maple syrup (if using) to a cocktail shaker, add a few cubes of ice. Close the shaker and shake vigorously for a few seconds. Fill the rimmed glass with ice, pour in the cocktail, and top with a few pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!
- No cocktail shaker: pour all the ingredients except the ice into the glass, stir well to combine, top up with ice, a few pomegranate seeds, and enjoy!
If you don't have a cocktail shaker, you can use a mason jar and pour it into a glass through a mesh strainer.
Keywords: pomegranate, margarita, tequila
This drink looks so yummy and would be so perfect for the Holidays.
If that isn't the best holiday cocktail, then I don't know what is. I love the flavors, and I love the look of it. It's the perfect cocktail for the holiday season.
YUM! Thanks so much for this recipe!
Mmm, guess who has pomegranates at home? I think I'll be making myself one tonight!
I'm not a drinker, but I bet this would still taste amazing without the liquor! I love pomegranate!
silver tequila in the house! <3 looks like a great cocktail to share with the husband this Thanksgiving, indeed. Kids aren't old enough for alcohol, though the 15 year old just might enjoy a sip.
I love the flavors and pomegranate. This is perfect for cocktails on holiday season. Thanks for your recipe. I would love to try this.
oh my oh my!!! This looks sooooo good!!! I can't wait to make it, i love your margaritas.
I love pomegranate and margarita, and the combination of both is something I will die for. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will make it towards the Christmas holidays.