Fudge. Chocolate fudge. Chocolate Hazelnut Fudge Bites ⇒ happiness. Rightttt?! These may not be as creamy as regular fudge but oh boy are they delicious!! They’re made with only three main ingredients! Dates, cacao powder, and hazelnuts and because the hazelnuts are roasted and processed to almost hazelnut butter, the result is somewhere between cookie dough and fudge.
I wanted to call these cake pops at first and cover them in chocolate and sprinkles but they didn’t really stick to the popsicle stick so I made them into festive bites instead. Aren’t they the cutest?
If you’re craving even more chocolate treats you can check out these:
- Raw Chocolate Orange Energy Bars
- Raw Chocolate Covered Cookies
- Easy Chocolate Hazelnut Bites
- Chocolate Truffles
Christmas is coming, you guys! I actually can’t believe it’s almost December again! It’s been so freaking cold outside lately that I can’t help but start getting into festive mood already. We don’t actually celebrate Thanksgiving or Halloween here in the Czech Rep. so after Easter, we only have Christmas to look forward to as an upcoming holiday. So basically I’ve been anticipating Christmas since March is all I’m sayin’.
These chocolate hazelnut fudge bites are just the start of what’s coming at you in the following weeks tbh. I made a ton of festive recipes for the blog last month so you have a lot of goodness to look forward to! I’m actually going to start posting three times a week starting this week! I’m super excited about that and I hope I’m able to keep up with the schedule along with my full time job *fingers crossed*.
Something to look forward to in November/December (all Christmas themed): chia pudding, oatmeal, spiced breads (yes, multiple!), hot chocolate, pancakes, and also about 5 savory recipes! Oh my, I’m getting hungry just thinking about all these recipes, I can’t wait to share them with you!
On my to do list of recipes to test again is actually a raw chocolate slice/raw cake(or whatever else I decide to call it in the end) and I use this recipe as a base for it and it’s pure heaven you guys. I have to try it again to know the measurments but oh my god it’s so good I cannot stop thinking about it. If you follow me on shapchat (shameless plug @healthfulideas) you may have seen the raw slice already and me freaking about how good it is too. So good. Coming soon to a screen near you (either in December or in January). Meanwhile, make these chocolate hazelnut fudge bites and enjoy them with a big mug of steaming hot chocolate because it’s cold outside and why not!
- 2 cups hazelnuts (or sub almonds)
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3-4 drops lemon essential oil (optional)
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- Preheat your oven to 170C (338F).
- Put the nuts on a baking tray and roast for 10-12 minuts until slightly golden.*
- Let them cool and rub them with a tea towel or a paper towel to remove the skins. (it's ok if some of them stay on)
- Process the nuts until it almost turns to butter (see pictures).
- Add cacao, cinnamon, sea salt, and lemon essential oil if using and pulse a few times to combine.
- Add the dates and process until it all comes together and a dough is formed. You may need to scrape the sides a couple times and move it around if doesn't want to blend well.
- Roll the dough into balls or use Christmas chocolate molds to make these more festive.
- Let them chill in the fridge or the freezer for at least 30 minutes (more if you're using the molds to make sure they don't fall apart when you take them out).
- Coat in chocolate if desired. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for a month.