Summer is almost here! Finally, right? It's time for summer drinks and days out in the sun. I've never actually shared an alcoholic drink on here and it only seems fitting to start with the Classic Mojito! It's definitely my number one favorite cocktail with a classic margarita baing a close second. I like Mojitos more mainly because they're not as heavy on the alcohol and they're made with sparkling water and super refreshing.
These mojitos come together in minutes. They're so easy to make with just a few simple fresh ingredients - the perfect cocktail for a hot summer day!
If you know me at all you know that I don't actually drink much. Mojitos have always been my go-to drink and I'm excited to share my "cleaner" version with you!
What you need for this classic mojito:
- Fresh mint leaves
- Agave (or coconut sugar but it's going to make the mojito a darker color)
- White rum
- Sparkling water
First you start by putting the mint leaves, cut up lime, and agave in a tall tumbler and crush them using a muddler. Then add the ice, pour in the white rum, and sparkling water. Decorate with a more lime and mint and serve with a straw. Done! So easy and so good.
Enjoy the summer and don't forget to drink responsibly! ;)Print
A healthier version of a classic mojito. The ultimate summer cocktail!
- a small handful of fresh mint leaves (save a few leaves for garnish)
- 1 lime, sliced and cut into quarters (save 1 slice for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (add less or more to taste)
- ice cubes
- 2 oz white rum
- sparkling water
- Place the mint leaves, cut up lime, and agave into a tall glass and using a muddler crush them to release the mint oils and lime juice.
- Top up with ice cubes and pour in the rum.
- Pour in the sparkling water almost to the top, add the remaining lime slice, and garnish with some mint leaves.
- Serve with a glass straw and enjoy immediately.
You can use coconut sugar or maple syrup if you don't have agave but coconut sugar is going to make the drink a bit darker.