This Breakfast Scramble Bowl is the perfect savory breakfast. It's served with crispy breakfast potatoes, roasted cherry tomatoes, and sauteed spinach. Really easy and delicious!
- 800g russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp each garlic and onion powder
- ½ tsp each paprika and smoked paprika powder
- ½ tsp each dried thyme and oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp avocado oil
- ¼ tsp each sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 big handfuls baby spinach
- ¼ tsp avocado oil or butter
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4-6 eggs, whisked
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ ts freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp avocado oil (optional, helps the butter to not burn)
- 2 tbsp butter (or more oil)
Optional add-ons for serving: quick pickled red onion, avocado, ketchup, breakfast sausages, smoked salmon, feta, roasted vegetables, baked beans, or anything else you like!
- Preheat the oven to 450F (230C). Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes. Spread on a baking sheet and use a paper towel to absorb the water the potatoes release.
- Mix the spices in a small bowl and sprinkle them on the potatoes.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes, toss and roast for another 10 minutes. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Add cherry tomatoes to a baking sheet and lightly drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Add spinach and avocado oil to a large pan over medium heat and let wilt down, stirring often. Add a splash of water if needed. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Whisk eggs with salt and pepper in a bowl. Melt butter and oil in a pan over medium heat and slowly pour in the eggs. Use a rubber spatula to move the eggs around and slowly scramble them. Turn the heat down to low-medium if the eggs start to burn, scrambled eggs need lower heat and patience otherwise they stick to the pan. This should take about 5 minutes.
Serve everything in a bowl with pickled red onions, sliced avocado, and ketchup if desired and enjoy!
800g of potatoes is enough for 2-4 people so you can half the recipe if desired but they're great as leftovers so I highly recommend just saving the leftovers for later. The nutritional information is counted for 2 servings with the whole 800g of potatoes so if you have leftovers it will be less.
Keywords: breakfast bowl, scrambled eggs