Creamy filling oats, fresh blueberries, and lots of warming spices. Vegan and GF!
- 1 cup plant-based milk (oat, almond, cashew, or hazelnut are great options)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp Christmas Spice Blend or gingerbread spice
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- Optional garnishes: more berries, sliced pear or apple, gingerbread cookies, nut butter
- Bring the plant-based milk to a simmer in a small pot over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat to low-medium, add the rolled oats, and stir. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until creamy. Add more milk or water if necessary.
- Add the Christmas Spice Blend or gingerbread spice, raw cacao powder, vanilla extract, honey or maple syrup if using, and the blueberries. Stir until well combined and heat back up for a couple of minutes to warm up the blueberries.
- Serve immediately topped with more berries or any other toppings of your choice.
Keywords: gingerbread, oatmeal, porridge, oats