Delicious zesty coconut energy balls that only require 6 ingredients and less than 30 mins to make! Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 cups shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- pinch sea salt
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 lemon extract (optional)
- Place the cashews, shredded coconut, and salt into a food processor and pulse a few times until crumbly.
- Add the dates, lemon zest, lemon juice, and the lemon extract (if using) and process until you get dough consistency (only a few minutes). It should stick together when you press it between your fingers.
- Roll into small balls, about 1/2 tbsp at a time (you can wet your hands if it gets too sticky).
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for a week or in the freezer for a month.
These would also be delicious with orange zest and juice instead of lemon.
Keywords: citrus, lemon, coconut, snack