Switch from regular store-bought peanut butter to this delicious homemade wild Peanut Butter. Incredibly easy and delicious
- 3 cups raw wild peanuts
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 170°C (325°F).
- Roast the peanuts for 20 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Let them cool down.
- Remove most of the skins using a clean towel or a paper towel (it's ok if you don’t get all of them off).
- Add the nuts into a food processor and process until creamy. This can take anywhere from 10-20 minutes. You might need to scrape down the sides a couple of times.
- To make crunchy peanut butter, add 1/4 cup of the nuts to the food processor first, pulse a few times, add to a small bowl, and set aside. Process the rest of the nuts into smooth nut butter, then add the 1/4 cup of pulsed peanuts and process for just a few seconds to incorporate.
- Store in an airtight glass jar in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
You can use this recipe to make regular peanut butter too if you can't find wild peanuts.
If you want to add a sweetener, add a dry sweetener of choice, not liquid. Coconut sugar, brown sugar, date sugar, or maple sugar are great options.
Keywords: nut butter, wild, peanuts