A delicious appetizer that's fairly easy to make with a few ingredients but impresses!
- 2-3 (or more) sweet potatoes (slimmer ones to achieve smaller bites), peeled if not organic
- Sea salt, pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Toppings (increase the amount if you have more sweet potatoes):
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup arugula basil pesto (recipe here)
- Soft goat Cheese (optional, skip to keep them vegan)
- Roasted beets (optional, from my pesto recipe here)
- Honey or maple syrup if vegan (for drizzling, optional)
- Handful Sprouts
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Slice your sweet potatoes into thin rounds (2-4mm), spread them onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper, season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil, flip, season on the other side and drizzle with another 1 tsp of oil.
- Roast sweet potatoes for 30 mins, flip and roast for 15-25 mins more (you can turn on the fan for the last 10-15 minutes lowering to heat to 160°C).
- Thake them out of the oven and let them cool slightly (or completely) before adding toppings.
- Top the rounds with hummus, pesto, goat cheese, roasted beets. Drizzle with honey and top with sprouts.
You can top these with basically anything you want. Use them for appetizers instead of bread.
Keywords: sweet potato rounds