These dates are filled with nut butter of choice and dipped in dark chocolate. They're great for both dessert or as a snack!
- 15 dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup nut butter of choice (or as needed)
- 1 dark chocolate bar (90g, I used 85% chocolate)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- Flaky Maldon sea salt (for garnish)
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Pit the dates and fill with nut butter, try not to overfill so you can close the dates. Lay them out on the baking sheet and keep it in the freezer or fridge while you melt the chocolate. This will make the chocolate easier to harden.
- Prepare a bain-marie (a heatproof bowl over a pot with hot steaming water, don’t let the bowl touch the water) and melt the chocolate and coconut oil (if using) in the bowl, stirring often until melted.Take the bowl off the hot water.
- Dip the dates in the chocolate and let drip off before transferring to the baking sheet using two forks.
- Sprinkle with flaky Maldon sea salt and transfer back into the freezer or fridge to harden.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or the freezer for 3 weeks.
You can use deodorized coconut oil to avoid the chocolate having a coconut flavor.
Using thicker nut butter will make the dates easier to handle when dipping into the chocolate.
I recommend keeping the dates in the freezer for 30 minutes or the fridge for an hour before dipping them in the chocolate. This will help the chocolate harden faster.
Keywords: chocolate covered dates