Delicious homemade chia jam. Great with any berries!
- 6 cups strawberries, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- splash water
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped (sub 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder)
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup (or any other sweetener you like)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Start by chopping your strawberries. I like my jam to be chunky so I left a few small ones whole but you can chop them as finely as you like.
- Place the strawberries into a big pot, add a splash a water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes depending on the size of your strawberries. Stir occasionally.
- Add the vanilla, lemon juice, and sugar and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the chia seeds and the mixture soak for at least 1 hour. Stir occasionally to avoid lumps.
- After it cools down completely, transfer the jam into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up 4-5 days.
You can use this exact recipe with any other berries! Raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, or red currants are all great options. Check out this Lavender Blackberry jam recipe!
Keywords: jam, strawberry, vanilla, chia