- 2 flax eggs (see notes)
- 2 1/2 cups Rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (I added maple sugar for more maple flavor)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (or sub 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 cup sliced rhubarb (about 2.5 stalks)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries (I cut bigger ones into quarters and smaller ones in half)
- Preheat your oven to 175C (347F). Prepare a springform pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Start by making the flax egg by mixing the water and the ground flax. Set aside to soak.
- In a big bowl mix all the dry ingredients together with a spoon.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil, add the maple syrup, almond butter, mix, and slightly heat it all up over very low heat just so that the maple syrup and almond butter aren't cold enough to solidify the coconut oil again.
- Add the soaked flax egg into the wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a spoon until everything is well coated.
- Fold in the chopped rhubarb and strawberries.
- Transfer the dough into your pan and press it down with the spoon.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden on top. You know it's done when the dough starts peeling off the sides of the parchment paper.
- Cool down completely before cutting. (believe me on this - it will crumble if you cut it too soon)
- Store at room temperature for 3-4 days.
To make the flax eggs, you need 2 tbsp ground flax seeds and 5 tbsp water (1 egg= 1tbsp ground flax + 2.5 tbsp water). You mix that together with a spoon and set aside to soak for about 10 minutes.