This Cherry Pecan chocolate bark is an absolutely divine and easy treat when you need something sweet! It's vegan, GF, and healthy! Give it a try, you won't regret it.
- 1/3 cup cacao butter
- 1/4 cup cacao paste (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 tsp carob powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp lucuma powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup dried sour cherries
- Cut the cacao butter and cacao paste into smaller pieces so they melt easier.
- Put both into a small pot and melt over very low heat.
- Once almost melted, add the coconut oil which will melt immediately.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the maple syrup and mix well with a spoon.
- Add all the powders and mix for a minute or two so it's well combined.
- When combined, pour it into a medium baking dish or something that fits into your freezer.
- Sprinkle with crushed pecans dried sour cherries.
- Put it into the freezer for 20 minutes or so until it firms up. Then break it into smaller pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge.