This sandwich comes together in less than 15 minutes and makes the best savory breakfast! Creamy eggs, smoked salmon, and cream cheese on a toasted bagel.
- 2 bagels, sliced in half
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 100g cream cheese or soft goat cheese
- 100g cold smoked salmon
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- Balsamic glaze for serving
- This sandwich comes together really quickly so it’s best to have everything prepped ahead.
- Add your bagels to a toaster and toast while you make the eggs.
- Whisk the eggs together with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Melt butter in a large hot pan over medium heat and slowly pour in the whisked eggs.
- Let them sit for a minute to allow them to start to set and use a rubber spatula to gently move them around to scramble them.
- Keep tilting the pan whenever you move them to allow the eggs to spread around and cook. This should take 3-5 minutes. Lower the heat to low-medium if necessary. Soft scrambled eggs need low heat and patience.
- Take the eggs off the heat when they’re still very soft and glossy. They will finish cooking from the residual heat. Sprinkle in fresh chives if desired.
- To assemble, spread cream cheese on both sides of the bagels, add smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, sliced onion, capers, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze if desired. Close with the other half and slice in half - this is best done with a very sharp knife because the eggs like to slide out. Enjoy right away.
Best soft-scrambled eggs: Add the salt to the eggs before cooking, it helps to prevent them from overcooking. Cook the eggs for 3-5 at most. They're done before you think they are and will finish cooking from the residual heat in the pan. They cook very quickly and need low heat. Make sure you have everything for the sandwiches ready before you start cooking the eggs.
Keywords: smoked salmon and egg, breakfast sandwich