This cauliflower salad is delicious served both hot and cold. Skip the greens and serve it as a hot side or keep them for a fresh salad, perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets, core removed
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or other high heat cooking oil)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½-1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 can brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained, rinsed, and chopped
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar (optional, sub more lemon juice)
Make it into a salad (pick your favorites)
- mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, chopped cucumber, sliced red onion, pickled red onion, capers, hemp hearts, feta cheese, soft goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Spread the cauliflower florets and onion on a large baking sheet, use two if necessary. Drizzle with avocado oil and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl mix together the dried oregano, thyme, and parsley, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, ground cumin, sea salt, and black pepper. Season the cauliflower evenly with the spice blend and toss.
- Roast the cauliflower in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, toss, and roast for 20 more minutes.
- To the pan with the roasted cauliflower add the brown lentils, parsley, and sun-dried tomatoes, and toss.
- Dressing: While the cauliflower is roasting, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, and sherry vinegar in a bowl or a glass. Drizzle half of it over the roasted cauliflower. Reserve the remaining half for serving.
- Make it into a salad: Layer all your favorite salad ingredients into bowls and top with 1-2 cups of the roasted cauliflower lentil mix and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Lentils: I’m using canned lentils to save time but you can cook your own lentils too. ½ cup dry brown or black lentils should be enough.
Salad ingredients: I'm not adding measurements for the vegetables for the salad because that's based on preference. Add more to make it into a salad big enough for 6 people.
Storing: I recommend storing the roasted cauliflower, lentils, sun-dried tomatoes, and dressing in an airtight container in the fridge without any other fresh greens or vegetables mixed in to avoid them wilting. Make your salads with any greens or fresh veggies right before serving.
Keywords: roasted cauliflower, lentils, sundried tomatoes