- 1 cup buckwheat (soaked overnight or at least 4 hours)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup sour cherries (frozen and pitted)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Rinse the buckwheat, place into a medium bowl and cover with water (about 1-2cm). Add the lemon juice and stir. Cover with a cloth and let soak overnight at room temperature.
- In the morning, drain and rinse well the buckwheat and add to the blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately with berries, cacao nibs, nut butter, or other favorite toppings.