- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (+ more for sprinkling)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp spirulina
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 20 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 4-5 drops lemon essential oil (optional)
- optional add-ins: hemp seeds, other nuts or seeds, coconut oil, cacao butter, chlorella, maca, lucuma, mesquite or any other superfood powders
CHOCOLATE SAUCE (see notes):
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- dash cinnamon (optional)
- Pulse the cashews and almonds in a food processor a few times to break them up into small pieces.
- Add the shredded coconut, cacao powder, cacao nibs, chia seeds, spirulina, and sea salt and pulse to combine.
- Add the dates, orange zest, and lemon essential oil and process until all the dates are processed and the mixture forms a sticky dough.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper and press the dough evenly into it using either wetted hands or a spatula.
- Place into the freezer to set for 30-60 minutes.
- Take it out of the freezer and remove the dough from the pan. Cut into 12 bars. You can cut off the sides of the dough to make the bars look pretty and even.
- Lay them on a baking paper and drizzle with the chocolate sauce and sprinkle with cacao nibs.
- Place them into the freezer or fridge to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
To make the chocolate sauce: melt the coconut oil in a small pan over very low heat, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix with a spoon until smooth.