- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 orange, peeled and diced
- 1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste, use coconut nectar if you want to keep it raw)
- toppings: berries, mango, banana, kiwi, cacao nibs, goji berries, shredded coconut, nut butter, etc.
- Start by soaking the buckwheat the night before. Rinse the buckwheat well, transfer it into a bowl, cover with water and add 1 tsp lemon juice to it. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it soak at room temperature overnight or at least for 4 hours.
- In the morning, rinse the buckwheat really well again and place into a high-speed blender along with the rest of the ingredients on high until smooth.
- Serve in bowls topped with your favorite fruit or other toppings of choice.