Colorful quinoa and chickpea salad with the creamiest avocado dressing! Great as a main or a side.
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 bell peppers, seeds removed, diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced or finely chopped
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- ½-1 cup diced or crumbled feta
- ¼-½ cup Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- Make your dressing. The full recipe is linked above (with detailed information) or there's a short version in the notes section for easy access. You will need about ½ cup for this salad.
- Cook the quinoa. Thoroughly wash it and add to a small saucepan with 1 cup water and cook covered for 10-20 minutes (according to package instructions). Take off heat, fluff with a fork, transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- Rinse and drain a can of chickpeas, prep and chop the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, kalamata olives, and feta.
- Add everything to the large with quinoa, along with ¼ cup of the dressing, and gently toss. Add more dressing if needed.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days. I don't recommend storing it for longer than that because of the feta and the yogurt in the dressing.
- 1 avocado, 150g Greek yogurt, a large handful of each fresh cilantro and fresh parsley, 1-2 cloves garlic, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/4 cup lime juice (1-2 limes), 1/4 cup water (or more as needed).
Add everything to a blender and blend on high until creamy. Add more water as needed or more lime juice to taste. Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Keywords: green goddess dressing, quinoa salad, chickpeas