Pink oatmeal is great for Valentine's Day but it's also great for any other day of the week because who wouldn't want pink oats for breakfast? I like to mix and match the superfoods and sometimes add also cacao, or maqui instead of acai which would make it more purple. Be creative!
- 2 cups almond milk (or any other plant-based milk you like)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (I used frozen)
- 2 small apples, shredded (no need to peel them)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 4 tsp acai
- optional add-ins: cacao powder, maqui powder
- optional toppings: almond butter, goji berries, nuts, seeds, coconut yogurt, berries, homemade chocolate*)
- Add the almond milk, raspberries, and shredded apples into a medium saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add the oats, mix well and lower the heat to low-medium. Stir in the vanilla and cook until soft and creamy (about 10 minutes). Add more milk if needed.
- Turn off the heat and add the maple syrup and acai.
- Serve with more berries, almod butter, or other toppings.
*I had homemade chocolate on hand because I was trying out a recipe but you can use store-bought vegan chocolate. Just make sure there's no processed sugar! I love brands that use coconut sugar/nectar.