Pico de Gallo is one of the easiest dips you can make along with guacamole. I like serving it with tortilla chips as a snack or an appetizer. You can put it on salads, tacos, or into tortillas.
- 5-6 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds and white parts removed (optional, I left it out)
- the juice of 1 lime (or more if desired)
- sea salt (to taste)
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and cut out the soft part with the seeds (this is optional but recommended as the seeds add lots of liquid to the pico de gallo)
- Cut the quarters into small squares and transfer them into a bowl.
- Add the chopped red onion, chopped cilantro, chopped jalapeno if using, and the juice of 1 lime. Mix.
- Add sea salt and mix. Add more salt or lime juice if desired.
- Serve immediately with some tortilla chips or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I find it's best to let the Pico de Gallo chill it in the fridge for at least a few hours before serving so that the flavors properly develop and mix.
Keywords: pico de gallo