This passion fruit margarita is the perfect summer cocktail! Made with fresh passion fruit and a touch of vanilla. See notes for a mocktail version.
- Lime wedge + 1 tbsp Himalayan pink salt or sea salt (for glass rim)
- 1 ½ oz silver or reposado tequila
- ½ oz Cointreau (or another orange liqueur)
- 1 oz lime juice (1 lime)
- ½ oz simple syrup (see notes)
- 1 passion fruit (plus more for garnish)
- Lime slices for garnish (optional)
- Prep the glass: Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glass and dip it salt. Fill the glass with ice and set it aside.
- Make the cocktail: Add tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, simple syrup, and passion fruit pulp into a cocktail shaker.
- Add a handful of ice and shake vigorously for 5-10 seconds until very cool and frothy.
- Pour the cocktail over ice into your prepared glass and garnish with a lice slice and more passion fruit pulp. Enjoy!
Simple syrup: Add ½ cup cane sugar (or another sweetener) and ½ cup water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves to make sure it doesn’t burn. Let cool and transfer to a glass jar and store in the fridge for up to 14 days. If you don’t want to make simple syrup, you can substitute 2 tsp maple syrup.
Non-alcoholic: Use a non-alcoholic spirit instead of tequila and Cointreau or skip it and add flavored soda (I like sugar-free ones, like LaCroix). You can also add a squeeze of orange juice to add the orange flavor Cointreau would normally add.
Keywords: passion fruit, margarita, cocktail