I chose one of each for the recipe but feel free to only use sweet potato or any beets of your choice.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 regular white potato
- 1 yellow beet
- 1 pink beet
- 1 red beet
- sea salt, pepper
- garlic and onion powders (optional)
- smoked paprika (optional)
- chipotle powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to FAN 120C (248F).
- Start by washing your vegetables really well and peel them if not organic.
- Using a mandoline, slice all the vegetables thinly. If your slices are too thick, they may not get crispy enough.
- Lightly drizzle the vegetables with the oil. Mostly the potatoes as I find that the more oil you add to the beets, the less crispy they get.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay your slices onto the tray. Try not to overlap them.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, flip and either add a bit more salt or any other spices.
- It's best not to combine the vegetables on one tray as some of them may take longer to cook.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, flipping them every 15 minutes or so. You can use multiple trays to cook more at once.
- You can lower the heat to 100C if the beets start turning too black.
- They're ready when they're crunchy. I find that they'll crunch up a bit when they cool down.
- Store at room temperature for a few days in an airtight container.