These are some of the easiest popsicles and summer desserts you can make. These popsicles only call for 3 ingredients and a few minutes to make!
- 2 cups diced mango (2-3 mangos, I like ataulfo mango)
- 1 ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice (1-2 limes)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or agave (coconut or cane sugar are also great options but let them dissolve in hot water first in a 1:1 ratio)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Add everything to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the mix into popsicle molds almost to the top and stick a wooden popsicle stick into each popsicle almost to the bottom. They should stick out about 1.5 in. If they don’t stay upright, you can let the popsicles freeze for 30-60 minutes and then add the popsicle sticks.
- Transfer the popsicles into the freezer and let freeze for at least 8-12 hours.
- To take the popsicle out, briefly run the molds under hot water and gently wiggle them out. Either enjoy them right away or put them back into the freezer. The outside might be sticky and slightly soft so to prevent them from sticking to each other in the freezer, add them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or into a large freezer-safe plastic bag in a single layer until fully frozen again, and then transfer them to a freezer-safe container or a bag.
- Store in the freezer for up to 2-4 months.
Sweetener: The sweetener is optional since mango is already sweet on its own but anything frozen usually tastes less sweet than it would’ve fresh so I added ⅓ cup of maple syrup to make up for that. Use agave or cane sugar dissolved in water if you don’t want the maple syrup taste to be there.
Frozen mango: You can use frozen mango but it is harder to blend and will probably need more water which will make the popsicles more watery. I do not recommend defrosting mango and then freezing it again as popsicles, it’s best to use fresh mango. If you use frozen mango, the popsicles won’t keep as long in the freezer because refreezing frozen fruit isn’t recommended. If you’re in a pinch and are making the popsicles for the following day, this is ok to do.
Keywords: mango popsicles, paletas