This Lemon Margarita is bright, citrusy, and perfect for spring and summer. Make a single cocktail or a bigger batch for a party (see notes).
- Lemon wedge
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ oz silver tequila
- ½ oz Cointreau
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ oz simple syrup (see notes)
- Sparkling water or lemon soda (I like LaCroix)
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Prepare a glass by running a lemon wedge around the rim of the glass and dip it in sea salt. Fill the glass with ice and set it aside.
- Add silver tequila, Cointreau, lemon juice, simple syrup, and a handful of ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake the cocktail vigorously for a few seconds and pour into your prepared glass over ice.
- Top up with lemon sparkling water if desired, garnish with a lemon slice, and enjoy!
Simple syrup: Mix 2 tbsp cane sugar and 2 tbsp water in a small saucepan. Heat up the syrup stirring constantly to make sure it doesn’t burn. Simmer for 2 minutes and allow to cool before storing in the fridge in an airtight container. Keeps for 2 weeks in the fridge.
Pitcher for 6: 1 cup silver tequila, 1/3 cup Cointreau, 3/4 cup lemon juice, 1/3 cup simple syrup - mix everything in a pitcher with ice, divide between 6 glasses filled with ice, and top each cocktail with lemon soda.
Keywords: lemon margarita