Delicious healthy vegetarian breakfast that's ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 leek (white and light green part only)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2-3 large eggs
- Sea salt, pepper
- Start by preparing the vegetables. Cut the leek in half lengthwise and then slice into thin half-moons. Cut both ends off the zucchini and dice it into small bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat, add the avocado oil and the chopped leek and cook for about 2 minutes or until it breaks down and becomes glossy. It’s okay if there are a few brown bits. Add the garlic and quickly stir. Add the chopped zucchini, tamari sauce, rosemary, and thyme. Add a splash of water if needed to deglaze the pan.
- Cook covered on medium heat for about 10 minutes until the zucchini softens.
- Make little spaces for the eggs on the pan and crack the eggs into them. Season with sea salt and pepper and cook for another 10 minutes (more or less based on your preference). Cover the pan with a lid for the last 5 minutes to make sure the egg whites are cooked through.
- Best enjoyed immediately. Serve with toasted bread and hummus, or guacamole.
This recipe can easily be doubled to feed more people, just use a bigger pan or multiple pans as it's best if the pan isn't too crowded.
If you don't have a leek, you can add onion or scallions instead.
The nutritional info below is calculated with 2 eggs.
Keywords: leek, zucchini, eggs, skillet